Is Your Business Walking a Statistical Tight Rope When It Comes to Cyber Security?
Let’s face it, strong data and cyber security goes deeper than a “set it and forget it” mentality for any business that accepts credit cards. Or better yet, many are prone to fall into the falsehood of “my business is too small to be breached”.
The reality of today’s cyber security threat landscape is that no business is immune or excluded.
Your overall data security posture, including defending against cyber threats, involves more than a reactive response when something goes wrong or when a breach happens. It’s really more about an on-going approach with a proactive frame of mind that suggests the following:
- Seeking a deeper understanding of your existing vulnerabilities both internal and external.
- Quickly Identifying & Prioritizing Security Risks
- On-Going Employee Security Awareness Education Initiatives
- Maintaining Proactive Threat Management Software & Hardware
- Keeping all network systems and devices healthy and up-to-date.
- Disaster Recovery Plan Development
- Corporate PCI Security Policy Development
The above are just a few key elements in developing a stronger security posture for your business. It seems like a daunting task with IT budgets and man-power already stretched thin in many small businesses today.
One key element of establishing a stronger security posture, is having the correct qualified support and security expertise in your corner to partner with to guide you in the planning and deployment of your data and cyber security initiatives.
Without the right data security partner, who understands the dynamics of your unique business environment, your business walks a statistical tightrope of risking a catastrophic security breach every single day.